Sameeksha is an initiative of the Kerala Province of the Jesuit Society.
Jesuit Society – Society of Jesus, SJ – is an international Religious Order within the Catholic Church. One of the basic orientations of the services of the Jesuit Society is the promotion of a culture of inter-religious harmony. With this orientation the Jesuits of Kerala started Sameeksha in 1987.
Sameeksha offers the following services:
- Facilities for individuals and groups to spend a few days in retreat, seminar or study.
- Meditation courses, seminars and inter-religious dialogue sessions organized occasionally from Sameeksha (mostly in Malayalam).
- Counseling and Life Orientation Programmes for teenagers, either at Sameeksha (Atmamitra) or at various schools / institutions.
- Caring for the migrant labourers (Jeevika) employed in different parts of Kerala.
- Seminars, retreats, programmes of inter-religious dialogue by the Sameeksha staff on request in other places.
- A two-year course in Christian Theology for the laity (Jnanasameeksha). The participants attend intensive courses of three days every month.
- A seminar on “Spirituality beyond religions” in Malayalam on every first Saturday of the month (Dharmasameeksha)